Gordie's Movie Reviews

I just like to watch movies. Here's a blog that keeps track of how I felt after watching them so that you could also watch or avoid them when you want to sit back and enjoy a movie.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Initial D

Based upon the popular manga and even videogame, this movie stars Jay Chou and Edison Chen, among other stars. It's not often that there is a movie about racing cars besides the Fast and the Furious series so after watching the trailers for the next Fast and the Furious movie coming out soon this summer, I decided to pop in this movie that I've had for a while but haven't watched yet. I thought that the directing of the movie sort of resembled a comic book with stop and pause scenes. The look felt sort of like an arcade racing game with race cars drifting in spectacular ways. The acting of Jay Chou left something to be desired although maybe that's how his character is supposed to be. Shy. Softspoken. Awesome racer. Great special effects. Nice rap soundtrack. Jay Chou also has a song here. I'm a fan of his stuff so it's all good. I didn't like how the movie ended. Looking forward to a sequel. 8/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home