Gordie's Movie Reviews

I just like to watch movies. Here's a blog that keeps track of how I felt after watching them so that you could also watch or avoid them when you want to sit back and enjoy a movie.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

V for Vendetta

Let me first start off by saying that I'm a big fan of "The Matrix" trilogy. The Wachowski Brothers did a great job in the directing of these movies although the last of the trilogy was lacking in some areas. I nevertheless enjoyed these films immensely. With their latest effort, "V for Vendetta", after hearing mixed reviews of the movie, this is what I thought...not that great. If you were looking for something that was similar to "The Matrix" such as great martial arts, great special effects and just a fantastic movie that made you think, I'd go and rewatch "The Matrix" trilogy. Hugo Weaving, one of the stars of "The Matrix" is in this movie along with Natalie Portman. But Hugo Weaving is behind a mask throughout the entire movie. If it weren't for his distinctive voice, any actor could've been behind the mask for all I cared. Set in the future, the world is a different place as we know it right now, under strict rules from the British government. Yes, I did say British government since it is based in the futuristic Britain. For those of you that are turned off by or just don't understand British accents, you will be faced with that in this movie. In any case, there is a man that wants to expose the government for what they are and henceforth justifies his acts of terrorism. All in all, it was an alright movie but if you were expecting more from it, then you'll be disappointed. Big time. Like me. 6/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home