Gordie's Movie Reviews

I just like to watch movies. Here's a blog that keeps track of how I felt after watching them so that you could also watch or avoid them when you want to sit back and enjoy a movie.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Howl's Moving Castle

This is the latest release from acclaimed Japanese animator and director, Hayao Miyazaki. He's the one that also brought us "Princess Mononoke" and "Spirited Away" among others. I've only watched three of his movies and I enjoyed them all so I was expecting to enjoy this one as well. It didn't disappoint, that's for sure. Immediately, when watching this movie, I knew that it would be different from all the other animated movies that are out there. He can magically transform the viewer into his world where his characters follow his rules. For example, there is a talking flame named Calcifer, that gives power to the Moving Castle and there is a broomstick with a turnip-head that befriends Sophie, the main character in the movie. After being transformed into a 90 yr old woman, Sophie, finds Howl, a wizard and her adventure begins. Some parts of the movie wasn't very comprehendable and I'd probably need another viewing to perhaps figure it out. But because of the great visuals and magic of Miyazaki's movies, I'm going to give this one 8/10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home