Gordie's Movie Reviews

I just like to watch movies. Here's a blog that keeps track of how I felt after watching them so that you could also watch or avoid them when you want to sit back and enjoy a movie.

Friday, March 23, 2007

SPL

I read good reviews about this movie saying how great it was and so I was sold on buying the DVD. SPL stars Simon Yam, Donnie Yen, and Sammo Hung. It's about a group of cops led by Simon Yam who is about to retire and his soon-to-be replacement, Donnie Yen who try to defeat Triad Boss, Sammo Hung. Let me just tell you that this movie contains the most impressive martial arts combat that I've seen in a while. Seeing Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung duke it out was a blast. Not only is the martial arts incredible with displays that are original but it also contains a good plot. Because the characters are well formed, we route for them and we get to see how they tick. There is a touching moment in the film too. What more can we ask for? A sequel? Unfortunately, there can't be one and there won't be one. 10/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home