Gordie's Movie Reviews

I just like to watch movies. Here's a blog that keeps track of how I felt after watching them so that you could also watch or avoid them when you want to sit back and enjoy a movie.

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Departed

The Oscar Award winning "best movie" just doesn't measure up to the original Hong Kong "Infernal Affairs". It stars Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg and Jack Nicholson. Instead of infiltrating a triad as in the original movie, it is with the Mafia instead. Even though I watched the original, I thought the changes to the plot in this movie made it very confusing. Even though it was a remake, it didn't have the feel of the original. Not much excitement or suspense in this one. This one is worse than the original and I didn't even like the original that much. My advice to you...you guessed it. Watch the original. 6/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home