Gordie's Movie Reviews

I just like to watch movies. Here's a blog that keeps track of how I felt after watching them so that you could also watch or avoid them when you want to sit back and enjoy a movie.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

I've read the hype and know of all the Oscar nominations about this movie. I'm sure most of you have heard about this movie directed by Ang Lee. A couple of cowboys meet each other while herding sheep on Brokeback Mountain and we are exposed to their trials and tribulations about their homosexuality and how they deal with society. I was expecting lots from this movie but I didn't get much out of it. I don't see why it had they hype that it did. Well, I guess there aren't many movies that deal with homosexuality out there that is mainstream so that's why there was such a buzz. But I think it was all unwarranted. Jake Gyllenhall and Heath Ledger played the gay cowboys and maybe that was the reason. Overall, I found it quite slow and the story wasn't all that great. 6/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home